Thursday, January 13, 2005

Astonishing X-Men #7

writer: Joss Whedon
artist: John Cassaday
published by Marvel Comics

As we pass the halfway point in Joss Whedon's so-far amazing run on this book (unless Marvel can mind control him into staying for another...30 years), I'm struck by two things.
1) This is a completely awesome book
2) I'm an idiot and I missed an issue and no one has it, dammit!
So much to love about this book so far. The art, being Cassady, is nothing short of spectacular. The dialogue damn near makes me wanna cry because there's no Buffyverse any more. Damn it all, this guy can WRITE. Every time Emma Frost and Kitty Pryde speak to each other, I squeal with glee. But, I'm a geek. I guess it's expected of me.
Oh, there's a great little guest appearance by the Fantastic Four, too...which makes me sad that the movie still sounds like a pile of crap.
Can we clone Joss Whedon and make him write all of Marvel's books?
PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASE???

No comments: