Tuesday, December 30, 2003

The Magnificent 5 (Queeny’s Tops for 2003)

1. Lord of the Rings : Return of the King

Hands down, ROTK is numero UNO. This movie did it for me. It was emotionally charged. I absolutely adore Peter Jackson for realizing this film in a way I never imagined. What a milestone in filmmaking. RETURN OF THE KING is the mother of all epics.

2. Kill Bill vol. 1

I love arterial fountains and Go Go Yubari. I loved every second of this movie. When I watch it, my jaw is glued to the floor. Watching this movie is like having tunnel vision for 2 hours. I am so focused on The Bride’s ultimate goal, to kill Bill, nothing else exists for me. I cannot gush enough about this film, but I will stop.

3. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me. GAHHHH! I will not complain about this movie, in anyway. It was a great action packed adventure. What a blast to watch Johnny Depp in all his brilliance. Johnny Depp is my favorite flavor this year, and him being Captain Jack Sparrow made this movie eleventy trillion times more exciting for me. What a grand adventure.

4. Once Upon A Time in Mexico

When I saw OUATIM, I wouldn’t shut up about it, I’m sure I was annoying. Until I saw Kill Bill and ROTK, this was my movie of the year. It is a splendid movie, regardless of what you blubber butts who hate it think. I personally believe this movie has tons of energy. It was damn funny in my opinion. So there.

5. Peter Pan

I saw this film yesterday. It was a whimsical and beautiful. I love the story of Peter Pan. I’m so glad that this movie wasn’t a Hook-ish movie. I’m glad that Peter Pan was a teenaged boy, not some 20 year old woman boy. If only James Hook had a Wendy of his own, Jason I. made me feel for Hook, even though he was being a false, tricksy lying Hook. My imagination went crazy when I saw Never Never Land, so perfect, just like this movie.

The movie Queeny was most disappointed by in 2003:


All I Want
Why, why, why?! That’s all ask. This movie seemed good in theory, but when I finally saw it, I was so sad. I guess the lesson here is not to build up a movie, just because the actor starring made a blockbuster hit. I just hope Elijah doesn’t go the way of the extinct dodo bird (Scientific name : Markinious Hamilsapian)

A movie that Queeny should’ve seen in 2003, and WILL see in 2004:


Tetsuo the Iron Man
Looks stunning. I will watch this movie. Apparently, it's not that great, but I am still going to watch it..

The movies Queeny is most excited for in 2004

1. Kill Bill Vol. 2 - For obvious reasons (see my top 5)
2. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - I felt deprived this year..
3. Troy - here’s my semi shallow side, FOR THE EYE CANDY..who’s with me?!
4. Hellboy – Just because I’m finally ready for a good Selma Blair movie.
5. Spider-Man 2 – The teaser looks nice, tre cool.

So there you have it. These are MY top 5 movies. I noticed that they are very "mainstream" but that's because I live in a hole in the midwest and we apparently aren't as important and I don't get the chance to see some movies that I hear are great until they come to video...when I am president I am going to make a bill that says the midwest will get movies when everywhere else gets them...we are the freakoids of the movie industry..no one loves us, we are like pieces of grass, when it rains, we are the last to know, and when a film comes to theatres, we are the last to get it, or we don't get it at all..just take a shit on us, we don't mind, WE are the midwest...

No comments: