Sunday, November 30, 2003

Exiles #37

Writer: Judd Winick
Art: Clayton Henry
published by Marvel Comics

I'm almost done with the stack of comics I bought 3 weeks ago...and never bothered reading. I suck. I suppose I should turn in my geek card.
Exiles isn't the newest or most original concept on the planet. A group of superheroes travels through time and alternate realities righting wrongs and protecting the timestream. It's Quantum Leap meets the X-Men. However, in the capable hands of ex-Real Worlder Winick, it's simply one of the best superhero books around.
This month, the Exiles are forced to fight one of their own, as Mimic is revealed to have an alien Brood egg growing within him. Problem is, since Mimic can copy their powers, they really don't stand a chance. Let's just say, it ends badly. Good read, though. I don't know if they're planning on keeping the book running after Winnick's imminent departure for his exclusive contract with DC...but they have some BIG shoes to fill if they do.