Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Yes! A DVD double dip I'll gladly pony up the money for!


from TVShowsOnDVD.com:
They're gonna be re-releasing Twin Peaks all remastered and nice for a new series-spanning mega boxset this fall.
Word is, there will be tons of extras. And the DVD's being produced by the same guys who are working feverishly on the 4 disc superdeluxe Blade Runner set that's also coming in the fall.
This is something to be excited about. And trust me, I'm positively giddy with happiness about this.
Extras include the pilot episode (previously unavailable on R1 DVD) and interviews with most of the principals involved, EXCEPT some of the Twin Peaks hotties. Apparenly Sherilyn Fenn, Sheryl Lee and Laura Flynn Boyle didn't think enough of the series or wanted too much money. I don't believe I heard anything about Heather Graham, either way. But, my favorite name of all time (and my pick for the bestest of the babes from the show) Madchen Amick (Sleepwalkers, Dream Lover, Barry Sonnenfeld's fantastic Fantasy Island remake) did.
Pardon me while I do a happy dance here.
Funnily enough, I heard about this from a friend a couple of days ago. And apparently, according to the article, rumbings about it have been circulating for up to two years. Wow. Consider my finger firmly on the pulse of what's happening.
The fun thing? I'll probably donate my original issue DVDs to someone after I get this new box (instead of selling 'em). Why? Because there's always someone who's NEVER seen Twin Peaks and needs to.
This is great news, and I'll be itching for this set until it drops in October.

No comments: