Sunday, April 29, 2007

On Bushisms

Those who know me know what a HUGE fan I am of the president.
I've frequently called him an idiot, based on his near-insane foreign policy and his complete lack of understanding of what the American people want or need. I've also frequently chuckled at his gaffes in grammar and syntax, dubbed by some clever SOB as Bushisms.
I had a strangely clarifying thought this morning, though. Technically, under the rules of poetic license, all of his missteps are totally valid. The only real criteria for true poetic license is having been published. As the president of the United States, and as governor of Texas, he's been published more times than you can shake Dick Cheney's shotgun at.
So, technically speaking...he's allowed to make up language as he goes along. He can simply write it off as poetic license, and we can either accept it or go take that proverbial flying leap.

No comments: